vorbis-tools-1.2.0 (ogg123) prints binary data into stdout (console)
(This bug was created as a clone of http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267646)
Note that the original bug has a example .ogg for reproducing attached, so please check that out.
(Just a side note: e.g. flac123 doesn't have this problem)
ogg123 (ogg123 from vorbis-tools 1.2.0):
If it see a tag present, it echoes it.
The first problem is that it echoes the "Comment" tag (if it presents) twice.
The second (and much worse) problem is that it tries to echo tags like "Cover" (graphics, though console couldn't correctle display it).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Get an ogg-coded file wicth clear tags;
- Write the comment tag with easytag;
- Try to play it with ogg123 and see the display;
- Add to this file some picture (for example .jpg) as a cover;
- Try to play it with ogg123 and see the display.
For step 3: "Comment: blah-blah-blah Comment: blah-blah-blah"
For step 5: Coverartmime: image/jpeg Coverartdescription: potan2.jpg Coverart: /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgAAZABkAAD/7AARRHVja3kAA... (continue echoing jpg)
For step 3: "Comment: blah-blah-blah"
For step 5: To ignore the presence of Cover* tags.