vorbistagedit(1) doesn't properly handle hardlinks
I've been using
vorbistagedit(1) to tag my music, since it does exactly what I tell it to do. It doesn't presume to be “smarter” than the user, e.g. doesn't modify any
KEY=value pair like most other “regular user” applications do. Last but not least, I can use it on the console. (yeah!)
Recently I've noticed, that some hardlinks broke. My media directory structure looks like this:
Where – you've guessed it – both
*.ogg files are hardlinked.
After editing either
*.ogg file utilizing
vorbistagedit(1), I realized that at the command-line specified file path a new file with the same name is created, thus decreasing the refcount of the file as it was initially loaded.
Obviously I don't want that.