Define Design Goals
Hi, this is Tess. I'm a UX Designer with a longstanding interest in music and open source. Thrilled to be part of this project. I put together some questions for my call yesterday with Lucas, but I will share them with the rest of the group:
- Do we want a new XSPF logo or only a new theme / skin for the site?
- Is there a desired time frame or other milestones to coordinate with? (new release, new functionality, etc)
- Any new content types or new / updated site pages?
- Will the overarching XIPH menu at the top stay as is?
- What is the CMS or framework used to generate the site?
- Who is your target end user? (ex. Developer, DJ)
- Can you share some sites whose designs you like?
- What is the most important goal for this redesign?
DESIGN ATTRIBUTES (pick up to three adjectives from this list)
- clean - modern - edgy - original - fresh - high-tech - warm - sleek - metallic - earth tones - monochromatic - funky - polished - industrial - futuristic - professional - friendly - readable - high-impact - crisp - accessible - fun - gritty - streamlined - eclectic - harmonious - corporate - artist-friendly - dramatic - photorealistic - primary colors - pastels - cool colors (blues/greens/grays) - responsive
I am assuming different people will pick different adjectives, and some people will object strenuously to some of the terms on this list. But that's part of the fun.
My process, if you're interested, is to take the feedback I get from these questions and turn them into two or more prompts. I present these to the core development team in a live screenshare (Jitsi or Zoom good) and get people's immediate, uncensored feedback. From there, we iterate...